This is an antibacterial gel with an antiseptic effect. Which you can easily make to take with you everywhere. It is very practical and you can use it in places where you cannot wash your hands. How To Make Homemade Hand Sanitizer?
This is an antibacterial gel with antiseptic effect, which you can easily make to carry around.
It is very practical and you can use it in places where you cannot wash your hands with water, so you will avoid germs, viruses and bacteria.
- 70 ml ethyl alcohol (72% ethanol).
- 20 ml witch hazel water.
- 1/4 teaspoon glycerin as a moisturizer.
- Choose one or two essential oils with anti-bacterial qualities, such as lavender, rosemary, eucalyptus, lemon, clove and tea tree. Put it among the ones you choose, about 20 drops in total.
- Plastic container with lid, with a capacity of 100 ml.
- Combine all the ingredients, and keep the gel in the pot. Shake well until you get a homogeneous mixture. Keep it preferably in a dark place (you can always keep it handy in your bag).
- Shake briefly before applying.
- Put a generous amount in your hands and rub for 30 seconds. Take special care to rub the fingertips and wrists well.
*Use after sneezing, coughing and contact with dirty surfaces, or to disinfect wounds.
To preserve the antibacterial gel, it is recommended to keep it in a cool and dry place, to avoid the evaporation of alcohol, which is the germicidal ingredient. The duration of this gel is up to one year, without the need to keep it in the refrigerator.
Another Way To Make Homemade Antibacterial Gel
- 6 tablespoons of ethyl alcohol (72% ethanol, available at the pharmacy).
- 3/4 teaspoon of Carbomer (available in drugstores).
- 1/4 teaspoon of pure glycerine or 1,125 ml (Available in any pharmacy).
- About 1/4 teaspoon of triethanolamine (available at drugstores).
- Glass bowl with capacity of 1 L.
- Fine mesh sieve.
- Small glass container.
- Balloon stirrer.
- Plastic container with push button lid with capacity of 100 ml.
Procedure to make the homemade antibacterial gel:
- Place the fine mesh strainer on a small glass container, pour the Carbomer over the strainer and break up the lumps with the help of a teaspoon in order to pulverize it completely.
- Pour the alcohol into the bowl and shake it vigorously with the balloon while slowly adding the Carbomer.
- Add the glycerin while gently shaking with the balloon.
- When the Carbomer is completely dissolved and no lumps are visible, add the triethanolamine while gently shaking. The gel will then be formed.
- Pour the alcohol gel into the plastic bottle and tightly cover
Did you like the post? Share it with your friends and family.